30 May 7 Tips for More Work Life Balance
We are getting busier and busier. With such fast accessibility to the internet these days we can take our lap tops and iPads home with us, we can take our friends with us and check in, call and chat with them everywhere we are and we can dive into our businesses and access reports from our lounge rooms. It seems work – life- balance is becoming more difficult to achieve and will even possibly turn into an urban myth!
How can we achieve work life balance and have time to re-charge the batteries?
1. Have a cut off time that allows you put down the tablet, step away from the smart phone and close your lap top and connect with your family and even more importantly yourself.
2. Remove technology and TV out of the bed room and leave it for a quiet space to shut down each night, relax and go to sleep. Try and get around 7-8 hours of sleep a night – it is called beauty sleep for a reason and the body will thank you for it.
3. Remember to stretch. If you don’t want a hunch back in 10 years time you need to get up off the computer and stretch every 30-60 minutes for 5-10 minutes remembering to focus on the back and get a stretch such as a back bend in which is the opposite to how you are sitting hunched over your devises all day. Give the hamstrings and gluts a stretch as well as they have been locked up in one position for long periods of time.
4. Attend a yoga or pilates class 2-3 times per week. At Soulful Fitness Lane Cove we have hatha yoga, vinyasa yoga, ashtanga yoga, power yoga, pilates, pilates reformer, barre and spin classes. Everything you need to increase your core, lengthen your muscles, clear the mind and increase your fitness, stamina and well-being. Locking away 2-3 hours a week to focus on your best assets – your mind, body and spirit will allow you to detox, think, feel and undo all the tightness and work on your body’s weaknesses caused by the weeks busy activities.
5. Pencil your workouts into your diary. Book time for a yoga class, pilates class or spin class into your schedule. Also book a time for a 30 minute walk outside to stretch out and collect your thoughts instead of going to a restaurant for lunch.
6. Try sweat working. How about a lunch time date at the studio instead of meeting at the cafe? Jump on a spin bike, discuss some of your ideas and watch the creativity and positive thinking towards your project blossom.
7. Eat lots of green vegetables for anti-oxidants and drink around 8 cups of water a day to flush the liver and reduce sugar in your diet. Cooking with fresh vegetables and lean meat takes under 10 minutes to prepare a meal and is faster than ordering most take away foods.