Soulful Fitness COVID-19 Safety Plan
New Safety and Cleaning Procedures
- All staff and teachers completed COVID Infection training with certificates before opening outdoor classes and indoor classes.
- All staff trained and communicated with the changes
- Protective equipment for staff available (1000 gloves and masks for their comfort and safety). Members are welcome to wear their own masks and gloves in class.
- No touch policy implemented in teaching classes.
- Members and staff to stay 1.5m distance. Social distancing rules apply to everyone.
- Health check changed to ask new customers if they have had or have COVID or symptoms and will need a DR clearance to start at the studio.
- Guests or a voucher holder may access the studio if they live within 6km of the studio.
- Online classes still available for those not ready to come back to the studio until further notice.
- Members to use own mats. Shared /hire mats not available.
- Hand wash signs from the WHO up at all sink basins and hand sanitizer posters from WHO.
- Hand sanitizer available in all rooms.
- No more than 20 participants per class as per current restrictions. 4sqm per person applies in general areas.
- All equipment washed and studio professionally sprayed before re-opening. Some has been made ‘out of order’for spacing
- Studio cleaned and professionally sprayed before reopening.
- Fogging machine and new cleaning chemicals and soap purchased for new cleaning systems.
- Reformer beds are cleaned after every class.
- New cleaning roster designed with many more cleaning checks of frequent touch point surface areas such as iPads and door handles.
- Removed hand towels from bathrooms and tea facilities from the members lounge.
- Changed seating in members lounge to accommodate social distancing 1.5m.
- Social distancing applied in all exercise rooms, equipment too close has been marked “out of use”
- Class timetable starting times have changed to allow 15 minutes between classes instead of back to back classes to allow time for people to leave a room and let it clear before others enter.
- More seating outdoors available to accommodate for social distancing.
- Members asked to stay at home and not use the facility if unwell or have symptoms.
- Members must book into and sign into every single class
- Members are asked to abide by social distance laws 1.5m between other members and the Soulful Fitness team and teachers.
- Members must bring a towel to use on bolsters and other equipment.
- Members need to use own mat.
- Members need to wear socks on Pilates machines. A towel is also encouraged.
Outdoor Classes (Temporary until open studio)
- All teachers to carry hand sanitizer to the venue.
- Members and staff must use own mats.
- Members and staff to stay min 1.5m distance apart.
- Classes scheduled 30 mins apart to allow time for members to leave without a large group forming with the next class arriving.
In the event there is a reported COVID positive case in the studio the relative authorities will be contacted and the members who had potential contact will be notified. The studio will be disinfected to ensure it is safe to resume classes.