02 Jun 5 Reasons to Do Yoga in Lane Cove
Today’s society is fast paced, fast breathing and forward learning. What I mean here is that everything seems to be about us hunching forward and more and more people are complaining about tight shoulders, stiff upper backs and sore necks. Spending 8+ hours a day on a lap top, 2 hours in a car and 2 hours on smart phones all focuses the body on hunching forward and not using the body how it is meant to be used. Here are 5 quick reasons people in our surrounding suburbs of Lane Cove, Hunters Hill, Boronia Park, Chatswood, Riverview, Longueville, Greenwich and Artarmon need to do yoga:
1. As stated above, people are busy especially those that live in the suburbs mentioned. Busy working, being parents and running around after everyone else and failing to find work-life-balance. Allocating 2 yoga classes a week ensure you get time to work on you, spend time listening to your body, time to breathe deeply and just work on your mind, body and soul.
2. Our suburbs are full of people in their 60’s-80’s who need to keep moving to ensure longevity and good quality of life. Heard of the saying “you need to move it or lose it”? It’s true. Yoga is gentle enough because it is non jarring and low impact that suits people who are in their retired years. It will increase balance, strengthen muscles, prevent injury from falls and degenerative arthritis and keep you strong to take on holidays and adventure or chase around the grand kids when the moment calls.
3. Boosting your immune system is important as most busy people commonly comment that they cant afford to get sick. Doing yoga poses will stretch muscles and move organs promoting lymph drainage which aids in immune system boosting and detoxing.
4. Yoga increases your endurance, and some classes like Ashtanga, Power and Vinyasa can give you a cardio vascular workout increasing your metabolism promoting weight loss. Keeping your weight under control is important for your confidence, your happiness and your health.
5. Gentle yoga classes such as Asana can help with relaxing the nervous system and provide relief from the hustle and bustle of living so close to the city. Many of the classes have a series of meditation exercises at the end of the class as well to ensure your mind has been relaxed as well as your body. There is no doubt that yoga makes your muscles stronger but it also makes your mind incredibly strong which increases your willpower essential to those on a weight loss program.